Monday, July 5, 2010

More Uganda

Hello Everyone,
Thank you so much for the emails about your July 4th good times. I sure did miss being in the U.S. yesterday but it was so special being with other Americans in another country.

So, another crazy Uganda story. So there is this crazy "garbage man" (literally a mentally ill man that hates white people) that lives in Mukono and as I was walking down the street today he hit me in the face and my glasses flew off... A little shocking is all I can say.... The boy that was with me scared him off. Then on the way back home today he was there again and hit the guy I was with. We came home and told our country director... he along with our Boda driver Freddy went and found him. They did a citizen arrest and literally tied him to a tree until the cops came to get him and take him to a mental hospital. That is another example of crazy behaviors in Uganda! Oh Boy! But I am safe and don't worry I didn't get hit very hard.

Today was a fantastic day... I started another teacher training today at an elementary school. The teachers are so eager to learn new teaching techniques and to be taught. I love working with the teachers here. I also went to a secondary school (high school) and taught life skills lessons to students about self-defense, leadership, etc. The children here are very eager to learn!

Tomorrow we are getting ready to head to Gulu, which is about 6 hours north of Mukono (where I am staying) I will be working on square foot gardening and teaching it to village people. I will also be doing teacher trainings in small village schools. Then this weekend I am headed to Murchison Falls for a safari. I am so excited about it! I lifelong dream for me really.

Well, mom good luck on your surgery on Wednesday someone please call and let me know how things turned out. I will pray for you! The phone number to call is 256701049756. Jody, is Dallin still sick? I am sad to hear he is sick and worrying. He is his dad's kid. Chris what is this traveling to Utah stuff..... I told you how I feel about that... You can not take the kids from me! I would be so sad. Rebecca, I am so glad you guys made it home safe and you had a great time. Rachel good job on the lesson. I am sure the girls learned very much from you! I am so sad to hear about Rich and Gilda... I can't believe that.

Well, I love you guys so much! Please take good care of mom... I have never missed a surgery of hers. She will need some tender love and care. Thanks for being so supportive and wonderful.

Love you,
Jen

No comments: