Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Farewell Uganda!!!

Hello Everyone,

I can't believe I will be leaving Uganda tomorrow. The time has seemed like it has flown by so fast... I feel like I was able to do some good here....but I could do even more. The people here have taught me so much about love and concern for one another. I have felt so cared for here by the Ugandans. They are such a happy people even though they have practically nothing.... It amazes me really! This experience has also opened my eyes to the world and that life can be so difficult, yet we can find good and hope in all situations. I also have really learned that as I return home I need to seek to serve those people at home also. I learned I can do good whenever and wherever I am at. Thank you so much for all of your love and support and prayers since I have been here. It has really meant so much to me. I love you all so much!

This week I have finished my teacher trainings and today we did a day long disability training where we worked with disabled children and their families. Disabled children here are outcasted from the communities and so we were able to bring 30 families together to join a group of families with disabilities. It was amazing to see these families unite and plan for their futures. It was such an amazing experience to talk with the families. I was able to do many house visits with these families and learn of their personal difficulties and now was able to help them find others so that they can find strength in one another. It was a great way to end my adventure here!

I am so happy and blessed from coming to Uganda. I will see you all soon.... I love you!

Love,Jen

No comments: