Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Update #2 from Uganda

P.S. Rachel if you get this right now have mom get on a chat with me! Teach her how! I will be on for a few minutes.....
Hello,
Mom thank you so much for the updates. I am glad you finished the food list for camp. I wish I could go with you guys! You will do amazing! I am glad everyone is good and happy! Tell dad he better write me back! Also, a few logistics that phone number I text dad on Sunday if you get an international phone card you can call me any time on it. It actually earns minutes for the people if you call. Call in the morning because it is my night time. I am still trying to get one here, but I have been so busy I have not made it to the store. Everything is so far away and I have to ride those yucky Boda Boda's which a hate...By the way my feet a beginning to heel I had 7 blisters in all. I clean them everyday and rebandage. You would be proud dad!
It is about 5:00pm here I completed my third day here. Yesterday was phenenomenal, I visited 9 schools in the bush area... we are planning a large soccer tournament with an AIDS awareness/health fair for next week. I met with the head masters which are the prinicipals at all schools. The schools fancinate me and I am in love with the children. They greet you and pet your arms. But, the schools are so very deprived and lack anything you could possible imagine. Children are barely clothed and have no shoes on as they run through the bush areas. But, the people are so excited for trainings...they really want the best for the children most of the children are orphans and have no shoes. We are also doing research as we visit the schools in order to try to get a TOM's shoe drop here next summer. I have some incredible pictures of these schools and people. Words cannot describe them or the lives they endure happily. Yesterday, I had to eat street food in the middle of nowhere I was little a little frightened but I ordered chips (french fries) pretty safe I think....Not healthy but safe.
Today, I was able to go to two more schools and teach health and hygiene lessons. I taught about hand washing and we are helping one school put in a hand washing station. I love the public health aspect of this program. It is such a good thing. Then we helped a secondary school to prepare for a festival to teach primary schools about AIDS awareness and health issues. These people are trully wonderful. I am having a fantastic time. It is so humid and my stomach is a little sick but things are good. This weekend we are going to Siepe Falls (not sure if I spelled it right to go hiking).
Mom you asked if I went to church on Sunday, we got here too late but I am excited to go on Sunday. I miss you each dearly. Thank you for your prayers and love and support. Mom, please get a calling card and call. I would love to talk! How is everyone, please email updates even if they are just silly ones. If I didn't put everyone on the email please let them know.... I am not sure Jaynann is on the list. Again, I love you! This is experience is great. I know Heavenly Father loves me and all of his children! Talk to to you soon!.
Love and miss you,
Jen

No comments: