Friday, January 23, 2009

Well...

It looks like Leah is going to survive this time. She will be very weakened again like last time. She's lost a lot of weight but she is more alert than she has been. That is most likely due to the fact that they are cutting back her sedation in an attempt to see if she can breath on her own. In the next couple of days they will attempt to withdraw the breathing tube and take her off the ventilator without reinserting her tracheostomy. This is the most hopeful scenario. It is possible they will have to immediately reinsert the breathing tube and then move to replacing the tracheostomy. It just remains to be seen. Leah will get sick again and she will continue to deteriorate that is a fact the only mystery is when she will get another serious pneumonia. Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. In a moment of weakness while Leah was watching PBS kids and enjoying of all things a dog show I told her we would get her a dog if she came home. Now I've made a promise of a dog to a dying retarded girl. I guess that's a promise I can't break so there will be a little yappy dog in our future. My friend Jacquie is all fired up and has a breed of dog all picked out. The little yappy thing isn't supposed to get over 7 pounds. Oh yeah...another adventure. Louise and a dog. I'm picturing it right now as I type...getting wistful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee Hee-Your killing me Louise a Dog!!! I know I know those moments of weakness!!!!

Danny Janessa, and Allan said...

anything but a yipper yapper!!!