Thursday, January 29, 2009

Not so fast now...

Got a call from the doctor today.  They wanted to send Leah home and then have me bring her back to do another modified barium swallow study to determine what sort of a feeding regimen she should be on.  I said no.  I learned that from little Caleb (more on that in a couple of sentences).  I told the doctor they needed to keep Leah and do the test before she comes home since transporting her is going to be fairly difficult until she gets some of her strength back and also I want to know what their feeding recommendation is before she comes home and we try to kill her by feeding her improperly.  So the upshot of that whole exchange is that she will stay in the hospital until after the swallow study is completed. Once again I will keep you all posted. Oh, and now an explanation of the "I said no" statement. When Ian and Melissa and the boys were here at the first of the year I asked little Caleb to do something (don't remember what) and he said with absolutely no malice "I said no".  So I said "Oh, well, I said yes" and he said just as sweet as can be "OK". Very cute don't you think?  When I typed that sentence it made me think of him.  Totally unbiased in saying I have the cutest, smartest, most wonderful grandsons in the whole universe... 

No comments: