Saturday, October 10, 2009

Cowtown Half Marathon!!!


The start...of course I have my head down...


Somewhere along the way...


I finished...amazing!!! There were photographers all along the way. Most of the photos they took of me I had my head down. I know I sort of walk with my head down but it was weird to have photographic evidence of my hanging head. Anyway I finished and got a cowbell which Leah promptly took into her possession. Don't even know where the thing is at this point. I've had trouble with my left hamstring for about 6 weeks now. Not sure what I did or why it's not getting better so I kind of hobbled the last 3 miles of this walk. I was amazed how many walkers there were. I was sure I was going to get lost and that I would be the only one walking. Of course I was taking the whole Gilbert worry and stress thing a little too far. I didn't get lost and I wasn't the only one walking and I wasn't the last one in so I figure it was some sort of success. My time was 3 hours and 36 minutes. The stuff I read said any reasonably fit person can walk a half marathon in 4 hours so I guess that makes me reasonably fit. Ha...

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Congratulations! That is awesome!

Danny Janessa, and Allan said...

youre the definition of a HERO! so cool

Faith said...

gooo mom its your birthday.. we are gonna party like its your birthday! MOM is the BOMB!!!!!!!

2x2momma said...

That is awesome! Way to go!