Wednesday, October 6, 2010

New Suits


I'm not much of a clothes guy. Melissa has helped me on that front, but I don't much love shopping. I've been needing a good quality suit for a while now, the kids have absolutely decimated the other one I have. A friend suggested a place in the fashion district and so I made a trek downtown. The place is called Roger Stuart and is a suit wholesaler, shipping around the country. They have their suits made in Italy and Spain and sell them for 25-40% of retail. I walked in and was greeted by an old man named Max who sized me up, asked me what I was looking for and proceeded to run me through the store like a whirling dervish. Within 20 minutes I had two amazing new suits, some white shirts and a couple of ties. He then ushered me out the door to a tailor around the corner who fitted my pants in ten minutes. It was one of the best, most painless shopping experiences I've ever had. If anyone wants to come down with me when next in town, let me know. I wish I'd known about this place before Gabe left for his mission.

1 comment:

MamaLouise said...

I'm so glad you got some new clothes and that is was a fairly painless process. Gabe was very pained in his shopping experience. Wasn't much fun for the rest of us either. Haha...