Thursday, April 16, 2009

Stairs and lots of them

Well I looked at a few websites yesterday about climbing Half Dome and I began to get a bit intimidated. As part of my so called training I've been walking the stairs in my building. I haven't been terribly dilligent with the stair climbing only going to the 8th floor and opting for the elevator about half the time but after yesterday I decided today was the day. I work in a 24 story building with an additional set of stairs to the roof. Also the distance between the first and second floor is like two floors since the first floor has a two story ceiling so that's a lot of stairs. I will have to count them sometime. It seems to me that I did count them at one time years ago but I have no recall of the number. I have read many books in that stairwell while walking both up and down the stairs. I don't recommend the reading and walking downstairs especially if you wear bifocals. Too easy to fall. I made it to the top today and I'm giving myself a big shout out for doing that. My next goal is to make the trek twice a day to get myself ready for the Half Dome excursion. I'd hate to embarrass myself. You all know how vain I am...

2 comments:

danielle said...

Hey! Just a tip to save your knees, try taking the stairs up and the elevator down. Then repeat as needed! =) Hope that helps.

MamaLouise said...

Thanks Danielle. Good suggestion.