Thursday, April 9, 2009

Climbing Half Dome

Beautiful sight don't you think?
Climbing the cables.  Slightly intimidating...

I'm going to stand right there on that precipice!!! 

My friend Pam asked me to climb Half Dome with her at the end of June and I said yes.  It's a 14 to 18 mile hike and if accomplished it will give me terrific bragging rights.  Her "trainer" is also going along.  The entire hike is supposed to take about 10 hours so we will start as early as possible.  I'll let you know how my training is going.  Should be great fun.  The term fun is very relative in this statement.  Ha...

3 comments:

Danny Janessa, and Allan said...

WOOHOO!! youre my hero! -danny

danielle said...

IT IS SO FUN! Scott and I did it for our honeymoon and it definitely does give you bragging rights!

2x2momma said...

What a great plan. I know you will be so happy you did this!