Thursday, November 15, 2007

Don't you wish you could sleep like Homer Simpson instead of having to count sheep?



I have had insomnia since I was a child. Must have had it my whole life because my mom complained about me not sleeping as an infant and toddler. Once I could fend for myself at night she didn't complain anymore. This time change has totally messed up my sleep which is pretty messed up without the time change. I have been waking up at 3 or 3:30 everyday and I can't go back to sleep. Since this seems to be my new pattern I'm happily, maybe that's too strong of a word, but I figure since I'm up I'll make good use of the time. Today I've already exercised for an hour, watched an episode of "House", I actually did the first two concurrently, and I've got bread baking. I've also edited this blog twice and now I'm bathing Leah, always the high point of my morning. It's great mother daughter bonding time. I'm waiting for some of the "others" to wake up so I can re-clean the carpet. I cleaned it on Tuesday but it isn't clean enough so I'm redoing it very soon, within the next hour or so. All this cleaning of the carpet is in anticipation of my new sofa. I bought a new sofa for the living room. Brick colored leather sofa. Gave Rebecca Wilhelm the green piano and Mary is taking the old flowery sofa so it's a nice empty room right now. Maybe someday when I can sleep I'll dream of all the loveliness in my home. Till then I'll finish baking the bread.

No comments: