Sunday, March 21, 2010

ICU and no view...


Emily got wheeled up to the ICU about 5pm. She was looking totally out which she was. She looked so much better than Violet did all those times but it was still very emotional to see little Emily completely out.


Lots of medical equipment and lots stuff hooked up to Emily.


I left to come back to Sacramento before Emily came back to life. She was in very capable hands and Mary took this photo of her. Before leaving I signed papers for Emily to be in a study since this is a teaching hospital I thought it was the least I could do since the doctors did the hard stuff and we got the best possible outcome. I hugged the surgeon. I'm not a hugger of strangers but I was just so grateful. I asked him if I could hug him and he said it was ok. He was so impressed with Emily and her mature decisions. He showed me that he made the most minimal incision possible since Emily was brave and not concerned with the idea of having a scar down the middle of her chest. The entire medical staff was wonderful...

No comments: