Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Brick Oven


Melissa got me a really cool cookbook for Christmas. Its called JAMIE AT HOME by Jamie Oliver. The portion I've become infatuated with is the pizza section. Jamie had a brick oven built in his backyard (I've included a photo for reference) and he raves about the difference its made in his pizzas. While he claims you can get "similar" (read, not as good) results, I just can't get the brick oven out of my head. The book's influence has seeped into our ramped up attempts to purchase a house here in Los Angeles. So I'm now officially OBSESSED with the idea of building one in our new backyard. Just hope the backyard ends up being big enough!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

There is a pizza place in provo called brick oven. They have a giant oven that looks just like that and their pizza tastes like heaven.