Saturday, May 17, 2008

Once begun is half done...

At least I think that's what Mary Poppins said when she was getting the children to clean up. Anyway we started working on the yard this morning. It's hotter than blazes but we made a little progress. I'm so excited that I took some pictures and I don't feel as overwhelmed as I have been feeling. Gabe was a little curious what I was taking pictures of. I told him for the blog. Here they are...

Remember these old palms we planted out on the "hill"? I'm sure you kids remember them. Well here they are in their new home. Not too shabby.

This picture didn't turn out too well. I was trying to show that we were filling in the sink hole that occurred after we first planted the grass many years ago. I was afraid someone might stumble.


Pulled the weeds and planted a couple of gardenias to go along with the mint and star jasmine.

Cleaned all the weeds out of the rock around the base of the apple tree. Looks nice when it's wet.

Just another angle on the work we did. We aren't half done but we have begun and I'm so excited. It doesn't take much for me. Ha...

No comments: