Sunday, December 16, 2007

It's almost time...yahoo

I'm going to have to read all this blog "how to" stuff one of these days. Every time I log in I see all this stuff I need to learn. That's so I can learn how to improve this family blog. Anyway it's almost time for our big family bash in Santa Cruz. Everyone here is excited and counting the days until we go. I also wanted to say that I'm taking the plunge and I'm going to finish a college degree. I'm a couple of classes shy of an AA degree so that will be my first step. I've signed up for 3 classes 2 required and one for fun. In the summer I'll take the math class I need and then I'll have my AA. I'm still debating with myself about doing an online bachelors program or actually attending classes at CSUS. The plan is to then do a masters program at CSUS so I can get licensed as a MFT or MFCC. I think they are very similar and either one will allow me to be a counselor/therapist. I'm excited and I figure when Emily and Grace are graduating from high school I should be graduating with a bachelors. We'll see how this semester goes. I hope this old brain of mine is up to the task. Just in case you were interested I'm taking Public Speaking (fills one of the "Languages & Rationality" requirements), Magic, Witchcraft and Religion (fills the "Ethnic/Multicultural Studies" requirement) can you believe they have such a requirement? I have a cultural anthropology class that I took years ago but it wasn't a requirement then so it doesn't count. For my fun class I'm taking Hatha Yoga so I can learn how to relax. See you all in Santa Cruz.

No comments: